gray clouds have shrouded our corner of carolina this week. but yesterday afternoon was different. there's a sweet sip of time before dusk when the sun dances across the back field. when my prayer tree stretches to meet the setting sun and the blades of green lean and fall, only to rise back up and sigh into the ground with each whisper of a breeze. meet the cast of characters that inhabit this little place!
2. late afternoon sun splayed across the shed.
3. muscadine vines and a dirt path. two of my favorite things.
4. ivy twisting itself around the back of the shed like no one's watching.
5. tools of the trade.
6. poor Mr. Clothesline lost one of his lines after a downpour last autumn. one day we'll replace them. nothing smells better than laundry from the line, and nothing makes me feel sweeter than hanging it up there.
7. one of my favorite little apple trees. all bony and bare.
8. oh hi Mr. Strawberry Plant! too bad your berries are really small and odd looking. you're still fun though.
9. Miss Azalea fights for her last breath of spring.
10. Mr. and Mrs. Myers ham it up before a symphony concert.
it's not a huge cast, but we're a pretty tight bunch. living out our days and evenings on this little plot of land. between the church and my childhood home. building a life where the green grass grows.