Thursday, January 12, 2012

mistaken

driving home from work yesterday, i realized something.

i've mistaken the lyrics to my favorite song. for six years now.

and it's not a huge difference. just a pronoun.

but it filled me with a profound sadness and slight case of mistaken identity. who am i if not the girl who knows every word to passing afternoon? who turns it on when the clouds hang low in the sky and the highway is gloomy with the sad stares of people going home?

suddenly, even the melodic hum of the radio and the spin of the tires beneath my wheels wasn't enough to comfort me, and i rode the rest of the way in silence.

for silence never betrays.

12 comments:

Gentri said...

Aw haha. I know the feeling. :)

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

I know that all too well!

Unknown said...

I can understand what you're dealing with :)

Kendra said...

Sam tends to mumble, don't take it personally!

... said...

Aw :) I've had a moment like this!

Shay said...

:-( I am very guilty of this. 6 years and your favorite song make it a little different, though!

Contemplating Beauty said...

;)

Dee Paulino said...

ahh you did a great job describing that moment of illumination, should I even call it illumination? it feels more like the lights go off after the realization.

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Pretend sure I've been doing this to all of my favorite songs.

A Life Un-Styled said...

I just looked up the song...it's beautiful, very soothing. I get the words wrong all the time, I'm quite bad :(

Eleanor at Mirror Of My World said...

you are such a talented writer!! :)

Emily said...

oh thats the worst! How dare the radio change the words on you ;) its ok ive been singing the wrong words to a bon jovi song forever

Post a Comment

thank you for stopping by! have a blessed day:)