Thursday, August 11, 2011

new series: microscope heart

 
it hit me around 6:45 this morning.

the sunlight in my laundry room. spreading its rays over clean, folded white t-shirts. it bounced off the white walls and warmed my sleepy eyelids. the laundry room off the back of our little cottage, a room not warmed or cooled, but opens straight into the back fields. with its little screen door and tiny perimeter, its my favorite room in the house.

but what struck me today wasn't the room's beauty or quaintness. nope, it was just the sunlight. the way it seemed to enter my bones and shake me awake.

it was then that i realized the power of the smallest things.

so i want to begin a new little series on this blog. let's break this big ol' world down. into tangible, lovable pieces. tell me the absolute smallest thing that makes you happy. is it the first sip of coffee, the way it warms you awake? what about the way your dog pants, or the wind filling the trees before a storm? yesterday, for me, it was humming an old jewel song all day.

God's given us a beautiful, expansive world. but i get lost in it sometimes. and i need this series to bring me back. back to the basics, the elementary stepping blocks of faith, feeling and appreciation.

so send 'em in! i'm going to feature one a week, on friday. pictures, too, please. together, i think we can make something pretty spectacular.

send your submissions to: vintchdesigns@gmail.com 

20 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love this idea!

Dee Paulino said...

What a fun series, I can't wait to submit mine and read everyone's.

ps: I can't wait to go home and catch up on your blog tonight after I take my last final.

Lillian C said...

What a fantastic series idea! :) I love looking at the little things - it really is the space between the big stuff that makes life so wonderful! :)

Off the Cuff said...

I HEART Vintch! Can't wait to submit. While we are on yesterday, what made me gush with happy was that my guy sent me a text and it said, 'I noticed that already ;)'
It was about something I thought I was bringing to his attention (I can't share completely) about something on me. I guess, to have someone you adore notice something you think they might not have noticed...well...I couldn't help but smile all day about it. I like that he notices.

Liz Taylor said...

beautifully written

Sarah said...

Challenge accepted! Also, I wish I was sitting in your laundry room right now.

katie [the bright life] said...

This is beautiful! I might just have to do a little submission myself. Xo, Katie

Anna said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I adore your writing! I'll be submitting mine soon!

Amber said...

what an awesome idea. I will start brainstorming :)

Southhamsdarling said...

Great idea you have come up with there my friend! How wonderful! I'll put in a submission, but I'm sure you will get lots and lots!

kimbirdy said...

aw that's awesome! i have several incredibly small things that make me absolutely happy. new toothbrush day is quite possibly the most exciting day, along with clean sheets day. :) i can't wait to see more and maybe submit one of my own.

Jenny said...

This is a lovely series. All of the small things in my life really make my day-to-day experiences wonderful. I think my favorite may be a hot bath after a long day or work, or a fresh pressed pit of coffee to wake me up in the morning. xx

Nadine-Adele ♥ said...

love the idea of this :) x
nadiine-x

Eleanor at Mirror Of My World said...

beautiful series. :) what makes me happy: butterflies flying around the buddlia plant in the garden, my sunflowers growing, baby babble :), sunshine, the way light glistens on water, texts and calls with best friends... xxxxx

tink said...

i love the way you write!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I will have to be a part of this!

erika said...

Excited to read them all, and submitting one too. :)

Jacqueline Paris said...

Aww, this made me smile:) What a beautiful, poetic, feel-good blog! I will definitely be stopping back to say hi http://jacquelineparis.wordpress.com/

angie on maui said...

I have been meaning to send you a submission for this (will work on this over the weekend) I love this idea! :)

Happy Friday! xo

Contemplating Beauty said...

Courtney, are you still doing this? Love the idea, b/c it's what my blog is all about, why I started blogging, to find beauty in all THINGS, no matter what!
Oh my do you know that song LIFE UNCOMMON by Jewel? My FAVE!
Ok, now onto giving you a few ideas for scents!

Post a Comment

thank you for stopping by! have a blessed day:)